May 30, 2014

Dandelion Update

Here is an update on the Dandelion Yarn. It turned out to be a beautiful, clear yellow. I was a little worried when I put the yarn into the dye bath. The pot was yellow-brownish and cloudy. I was really amazed at the depth and clarity of the color that it turned the wool! Again, I apologize for poor color quality in the photo. It is more the color of lemon sherbet.









Here are some of the yarns I have been working on this spring. The lilac color is from a Cushing dye but hand spun. The rest are natural dyes I have cooked up at home.


Here you get a better idea of the actual yellow color of the dandelion yarn (furthest to the left).

The season for gathering wild dyestuff is just getting started here. I have noticed several new things along the road as I am driving.  I have identified some and nam going an a hunt later today...I can't wait to see what I can find.  Check back and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!