September 11, 2017

Pillows! Pillows! Pillows!


Just in time for fall sales! I decided a while back that I wanted to make some hand woven pillows. I ordered a whole bunch of 14" and 16" pillow forms. I finally got around to making some pillows with them.

All the pillows are wool, except one so far that is llama. The really fun thing about making pillows is that they don't take tons of yarn and yards of warp. Each one is like a new canvas to 'paint' however the mood suits! I have a lot of small amounts of yarn that are not enough for large projects, but perfect for pillows. I usually start with some idea of the colors I want to use and maybe a weaving technique I want to use, and that is about it. Then, I let the rest happen! Making pillow is also a great way to test a pattern, experiment with different drafts and tie-ups, etc. Lots of fun and a great learning tool! They are big enough to get an idea of how the pattern works without committing a large amount of yarn or expense. And, they are pretty! They don't take long to hand stitch together. I do all the sewing by hand. The pillow forms are polyester.



These and more will be for sale at the fall shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!