October 18, 2013

Getting Ready for the Sales!

I have been working hard lately getting things ready for the upcoming sales. I have to measure, weigh, and tag each skein of yarn to be sold. Then, I have to go back and price everything. I am hoping to get everything entered into this site and my Etsy site. This is one if the racks I will be using for display.

All of the yarns I sell are farm yarns. They are all raised on my farm or other amall farms and either processed by hand on the farm or in small mills that maintain the individuality of each fleece. All are wool, or a blend of wool and other natural fibers. Each skein is hand spun. Colors are either the actual color from the animal, or dyed by hand with natural dyes, many made from local plants. Some are blended by hand before spinning to produce variegated skeins and more colors. This make every skein unique and provides the chance to work with and create individual, one of a kind projects. Whether the yarns are used alone or combined with other yarn, the end result is totally unique.

I also have been busy developing a class for after the first of the year. I have been asked to present a natural dyeing class at Dakota Fiber Mill near Kindred. We have decided to wait until after the holidays to do the class. I am planning on using several different dye stuffs that don't have too bad a smell...since we will be inside! I also will avoid any really nasty mordants.  I think it will be a fun and informative day. I will be posting more information on dates, times, cost, etc. as things come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!