January 17, 2015

Busy Saterday


I had a wonderful day! It started with an open house at Calvins Goat Milk Products. That is where I bought the emu eggs pictured above. It is located near Chokio, MN. Kathy Krier, the woman behind the magic, uses the eggs to create art. She had some for sale. I bought one. Then I decided that if I was going to use them to set in my living room I should have more. Of course, you can't set out two, so I bought three! I am not as brave as Kathy, so I don't plan to carve them. Kathy explained that emu eggs have a seven layer shell. They start a beautiful Jade color. Each successive layer is lighter than the previous layer until the inside layer is white. A good carver can use that in creating something special.

Kathy also makes a large selection of goat milk soaps and lotions. They are beautifully scented and wonderful to use. I bought a Lavender Forest lotion, a Winter Scent bath bomb, a Mullberry Moss soap and for my husband, I bought a beer soap! Her sons, Calvin and Collin, were busy treating visitors to Bath Bomb Foot Soaks! The 'bombs' were as much fun to watch as they were relaxing to experience!

Kathy also raises alpacas and emus. She processes her alpaca by hand at the farm and spins it. She had yarn and finished items for sale as well.

There was a great turn out for her open house. She had gone to a lot of work to set it up and it showed. Lots of interesting people were there to visit with as well. It was a fun morning and everyone had a great time.

I got home a little past noon and got busy setting up for the Fair Isle knitting class that I was hosting that started at 1pm. The class will meet for 4 Saterdays. We are knitting cowls with an original pattern. Everyone did well today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!