February 1, 2014

What's Going On

Back at work! I have been busy spinning up some new yarns. I am currently working in a new line called 'Landscape Yarns'. I have a couple done and will introduce the line when it is filled out a bit more.

I have also been spinning some wonderful lilac colored suri alpaca. It was hand dyed with Cushing dye. I then spun the roving into a two ply sport weight yarn. This yarn was so beautiful I could smell the lilacs while I was spinning. That is quite wonderful since it is way below zero here! I spun 400 yards. This photo doesn't do this yarn justice. It must be held and felt to really appreciate it!




I also have been doing some knitting and crochet. The first project is a cowl knit with a beautiful skein of suri alpaca. It is so soft. It is knit with a twisted rib knit. The pattern is posted in this site. The finished cowl is 24" around and 7" high. It is quite stretchy and really warm.


Another project I have been working on is headbands. These seem to be very popular here with the cold weather. I have made several in different colors. They are available on this site. They are hand knit/crocheted. They can be completed in the colors you choose. They are made with hand spun wool and are incredibly warm. Contact me on this site to order.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!