November 29, 2013

Black Friday...

It even sounds scary! I make it a point to stay safely tucked in at home and away from the madness. I can't imagine getting up in the middle of the night to go out into the crowds of shoppers. There is nothing that I want THAT bad! Some people love it!  I don't get it.

One week to go until the sale in Battle Lake. I have been busy spinning up yarn. Mostly, I have been spinning worsted weight yarn out of naturally colored wool. Beautiful shades of brown, fawn, white, grey and silver. While I am spinning I think about all the possibilities of each yarn. I have to squeeze it, smell it, feel how soft it is once it is spun, wash it, and then measure and price it. It surprises me that I ever allow myself to sell any if this! I am also working on a few gifts. I did not take on any knitting projects for other people this year.

 It seems that no matter how well I plan, or how much I think I am keeping to a schedule, this time of the year I always feel like I am behind and desperately trying to catch up! I have finally gotten so that by about the 20th of December I call it quits. What is done is done, what is not will be late. I make myself slow down and enjoy the season. Spend time with family and friends and take a look back on the year that was. I try to decide what is important to me for the coming year. This way, when the season has passed I don't feel like I have missed it!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and or Hanukah. We spent the day with my husband 's family. It is almost impossible to get every one together. We did pretty good this time. We were only missing nephew John and his wife Katy. That is understandable, though, since they live in Russian Mission, Alaska. It takes several plane changes before they even get to Anchorage, let alone back down to Minnesota. Hopefully they will be here at Christmas.

Sorry, no pictures this time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!