November 15, 2013

New Mittens!

Not all my yarn gets sold...My sister, Sara, is an addicted knitter. She makes beautiful things and can actually finish what she starts! She can finish a lace shawl or a sweater seemingly in no time. I am always amazed by her. Another thing about her is that she is meticulous in what she does. She is a process knitter and so has no problem frogging if something isn't perfect.

My niece is coming back to Minnesota for the holidays. Sara is making her a slouch hat and wanted some nice fluffy yarn to make it with. She told me she wanted it to be a soft grey. I just happened to have a lovely, silvery-grey roving that I thought would be perfect. I spun the wool into a two-pli yarn that had a lot of loft and softness to it. In return, I got a pair of wonderful mittens that are hand knit in a fair isle pattern. The mittens got done just in time for the perfect weather to wear them. I love my new mittens!


I also thought I would share another pattern. I have been making a few things to display as samples of  what some of my yarns look like knit up. I designed and crocheted this hat in a very short time using about 40 yards of white mohair and 60 yards of wool. I will be posting the pattern as soon as I have it written up.







I look forward to seeing some of you at the Battle Lake High School at the Craft Sale on Dec. 7th. If you get there, be sure to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!