September 13, 2013

Addicted to Blending!

I have found that I really enjoy blending colors together. It is so fun to see what happens. I start with a picture in my mind, but it changes as the colors start to blend. I never know what I will end up with when it is all done and made into yarn. One thing that helps is that all the colors I am using are from nature so you can't really go too far off.

Just had to show you my latest blending project! This is a soft, beautiful three ply yarn that is thick/thin worsted weight.


From fuzzy worms!


Once again, blended on the drum carder. I used three large batts and ended up with 160 gr. of Navajo ply yarn. The skein is just over 200 yards. I don't know if I have the heart to make anything with it! The skein itself is so pretty, I hate to take it apart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!